The Biggest Crier
So I've been watching the Biggest Loser over the last five weeks. Overall it's been disappointing. Too much about the emotional side of losing weight and not enough of the "nuts and bolts". I want to know what the workouts are like, what they are eating on a consistent basis, how much they sleep, etc. That's what is interesting. Granted, there is a very large emotional side to eating, exercising and losing weight. However, I don't need to see that side ALL THE TIME. When they casted for the show, did they find the 50 biggest pansies in the entire country? All these guys do is cry. They cry about eating, about working out, about how they feel, about how they are going to feel, about their families, everything. In fact, I think Erik started to cry about his poop the other episode. Very sad, his poop won't be as big in the future because he is losing so much weight. On top of this, that "athletic" female trainer started crying on episode 5 to "get in touch" with the red team. I felt like Gene Hackman in "Crimson Tide" should walk out and start belittling people. Then I would understand if they cry. Oh goodness.
Now they just voted off Amy. Guess what, she didn't cry. Maybe things are changing. We'll see.
Also...what does it say about us ("society") that it is disgusting to be fat, but ok to have enormously fake breasts? But I guess that is ok because she "athletically" trained. What does that mean? Are there just athletic competitions that I can sign up for and compete in? I want to compete "athletically". I mean, I hate training "unathletically".
Stay tuned next week to see who cries. My over/under is 4.5.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home