Saturday, August 19, 2006

Preseason Week 1



Originally this post was going to be about week 1 of the preseason as the Jaguars faced the Dolphins. As with any preseason game there was good and bad. First the good. I liked how Fred Taylor was running. He didn't have many yards, but he looked in shape, and was falling forward and not doing that move where he takes on contact by turning his back and running backwards. Greg Jones looked good and I actually think the offense (or at least the offense that the OC Smith is trying to run) works better with Jones in the backfield. More on that in later posts. Scott Starks had some good, tough plays and I'm glad he is progressing. Jamaal Fudge looked phenominal, but he was going against lessor competition and the Dolphins don't exactly have depth at WR, so I'm going to temper my enthusiasm (but he is a good underdog story and I'm routing for him - and he's from Clemson). Our draft picks looked good, especially our later picks which is very exciting for our depth and inter-squad competition. On the down side, our offensive was miserably slow starting. This is troublesome for a multitude of reasons mainly because that has been the offense's problem the last three years. Our WR need to step up and our starting D gave up too much on the ground. Unfortunately I could only watch the first-half as I fell asleep which finally brings me to the main purpose of this post. I noticed three very important things:

1. My Parents Need TiVo - I still don't get why they don't have it. They have about 1800 TV's and DVD/VCR's to match, but nothing that easily lets you record shows and rewind live tv. I am going to have to do something about this if I am going to continue to watch TV at their house -especially during sporting events. This does bring up an interesting point. After the interenet and cell phones, has there been another invention that has caused a population to not be able to go back to the way things were? Everyone I ever talk to that has a TiVo swears the couldn't, wouldn't, go back to regular TV. I completely agree. I can't stand not being in control of my TV watching time. I can't think of another invention (besides the internet and cell phones) that has altered my life as much. Let me know if you think of one.

2. The NFL Network needs to cancel "Making the Squad" to make room for more games - Let's be honest, nobody really wants to watch this show. Very few people really care. If you do really care, change the channel to E! or Bravo or something else that shows all that fluff reality crap. I want to watch the games. Preferably all the games. Instead I had to watch a games worth of time filled with women who were too "fat" and couldn't "dance". So, I had to wait until 11pm Sunday night to watch my game. Sucks to be me. But it could have been on two hours earlier.

3. The NFL Network needs to reply all games more often - once is not enough. Of course if I had TiVo it wouldn't really matter.

I'll recap week 2 after I see the game. For better internet coverage and writing please read anything published on jaguars.com by Vic Ketchman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home